Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wonderful day I had!! Met my friend, Zhan Xi who came back from China to settle some personal stuff. Its been abour 6 months since I met up with him, and I still remember that we has Muthu Curry Fish Head together the last time we met. :)

It is then that I know the names of the 5 olympic mascots for 2008 in Beijing. "Bei Bei", "Jing Jing", "Huan Huan", "Ying Ying" , "Ning Ning", and it represents "Beijing huan ying ning" which means "Beijing welcomes all of you". The moment I heard it....... No comments!!

So today we had dinner at my favourite ramen store in Marina Square, and discovered that he is into investing, stocks and shares to be precise. Moreover, he said that he made quite a bit from trading (haha, my china inside info...).

Moral of the story: Networking is of utmost importance in biz and investing, especially if I am venturing into China. It is said that when one goes to China, it is best to bring wisdom there than money, because of the lack of transparency and regulation in certain parts of China. Even my dentist who venture into China learnt his lesson from failing in his franchising biz.

For investing, besides the fundamentals and technicals, I think its good to have some inside info to support my buys :)

No comments: