Monday, March 05, 2007

WHAT A TYPICAL SINGAPOREAN WILL DO??

I was studying at McDonalds at Kallang this early morning, when I noticed this incident that caught my eye. A family was ordering Mac and 3 hot fudge sundae ( Ice-cream with Chocolate toppings), and the wife was complaining to the husband that the toppings on 2 sundaes were very little.(In my opinion, its really okay) Then the husband actually egged his wife on to complain to the counter, and they went to complain.

They made a huge woo-ha about everything, and from the place where I was sitting (at least 25m away from view of the counter), I can actually hear them screaming and shouting.

What really irks me is that through the whole meal, when the husband and daughter were eating away, the wife kept complaining and saying -ve things like the supervisor is terrible, the management sucks, blaming herself that she don't know English, if not she will win or something... And the more she says, the angrier she gets!! Whats more, she didn't even touch her food!!

Here is a pic of the family: ( I intentionally blurred it, just in case anyone knows)


The woman in red on the left with her arms folded (if you can see it), is the wife I'm talking about. At that time, she is complaining aloud about the supervisor, the counter girl that's serving her.... ARGH!!!

From this incident, I really realized how emotions can take control of a person's actions. She left her food totally untouched, talk about wasting food worth $5!! And the more she says and thinks about it, the angrier she gets!! Whats the point of getting angry over something so trivial to the point that one loses her appetite. Is it really worth it??

I learnt from Pattern of Excellence that Events + Reaction = Outcome. I can't control the events that are happening to me, but I certainly can control how I react to it. Which in turn will dictate the outcome of how I handle this situation. That's the key!! You see, Events only make up 10% of the outcome, 90% is due to my own reaction to the event. In this case, does that mean I can turn a -ve into a +ve? Certainly, I'm sure everyone knows that for a given situation, different people will handle this problem differently. That's because we react differently!!

I hope that everyone of my readers will turn -ves into +ve in everything they do. Take this recent market correction for instance, this is actually a very time to go into certain markets because some stocks are selling at a low price!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Win lor the person, this are ugly singpaporean who nv endure hardship b4.. sad case..