Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Finally got the chance to have a meal at Suntec's newly-made Food Republic, and I must say its a memorable experience.


I ordered a plate of Sgt Chicken Rice, the chicken rice itself costs me $4.50, the cashier asks me if I wanted to add an egg, lucky I didn't add.... One 'lu' egg will cost $1 more!!

Then, I had great diffculty finding a seat as I saw the infamous tissue packet chopping technique again!! Does this happen to every darn foodcourt in town!! Very crowded!!

Ambience-wise, I would say its really nice, as the decor is somewhat like in Harry Potter the Hogwarts school-type. The walls are 'full of books' and the tables are lit with ancient looking lamps, which really sends us back to the medival ages, where we eat.

Food-wise, seriously.... To be honest, BELOW-AVERAGE. The chicken rice tastes like any other normal chicken rice out in the streets. And there's a guy having prawn noodles complaining that the soup base don't even have prawn flavour, way below standard for a $5 prawn noodles!!

Price-wise, I would really say that the food there is over-priced!! Unless someone shows me good proof that its peg with the current inflation, if not, I would rather have my meals somewhere else.

No comments: