Sunday, May 13, 2007

I was browsing through my friends' blogs and was quite astounded by a post which Nigel wrote at this blog. A brief introduction about him, knew him in my sem 1 at econs class, was a groupmate, I saw him as a person with ambition.

So what happened was that he was blogging about his thoughts and opinions about financial planning (he's a hot-from-the-oven Prudential Adviser), and I find his views are very true to the society, especially in Singapore.

A very novel he made was: What you see a vampire and a financial adviser, which one will you run away from? Vampire or adviser? Of course, financial adviser la, because they will suck off all your $$!! Really had a good laugh out of it. But how true is it?

Well I can firmly say that ITS TRUE!!!............ from the mindset of the public. People (including me) always think that an agent/adviser always aims to push us any product that reaps the highest and longest commission, 3C us (convince, confuse, con), then force us to sign, then don't care about us and go find another victim to scam!! Pardon me for being too frank about it. If not, why are about 80% of Singaporeans are UNDER-INSURED!!

These are some of the following reasons:
1. No money/Don't have enough $$
2. Assume/thought I am well-insured
3. Parents got buy insurance for me, so no need lor
4. Wait la, got time then think about it

I believe at least some of these reasons, my readers you will thought of it before in one way or another. And I know insurance or insuring for death is something not many of us would like to think of....

Read Nigel's Blog to know more about it.

No comments: