Monday, May 21, 2007

Today is quite a tiring day, I believe its the long term of not exercising.... Really darn tired man..
However, before jam session, I happen to study at a KFC at Fuchun Community Club (I don't really know where is it, should be somewhere in Woodlands).

I happen to see this:

This is a "Special" KFC, that has crews that are deaf. I must say that intially I was a bit uncomfortable at the ordering procedure. There are actually 4 simple steps to follow at ordering.
1. Point the food of choice at the menu
2. Choose my choice drink and other side dishes
3. ..... I forgot...
4. Make Payment

After studying there for an hour, I realized that they are really one of THE MOST COURTEOUS staff around, if I would say, around Singapore.

It is really a great feeling to see that KFC actually took care of deaf people, by giving them a job, and setting all the different systems from the cooking to ordering exclusively to ease there job. Its really something that I have not seen in Singapore at all!!

I would say that ordering my food to deaf staff seems a bit diffcult at first, as the main communication (Verbal) is lacking. However, I realized that their service is much better than any normal KFC staff out there, as they take the effort to 'connect' to the customers, and really a simple smile on their faces really makes our day. Compare this to staffs who takes your order, follows the script to take orders yet putting on a lousy face.

For deaf people, a lot counts on facial expressions and one can tell if they are sincere in taking your orders.

For me, I really got an eye-opener, and feel that there should be more outlets like this to help deaf people find their dream jobs.

No comments: